Careflow Connect Limited of the Maidstone Studios, Vinters Business Park, New Cut Road, Maidstone, Kent, ME14 5NZ ("we"/"us"/"our") is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Scope of Policy
This policy applies to our apps, services and software ("Services")
This policy sets out the basis on which we will process any personal data we collect from you or that you provide to us.
This policy only applies to data collected about registered users of our app (e.g., name and contact details of health professionals who use our Services). It does not cover any clinical or patient information which may be accessed through using our services (the use of which is strictly subject to the information security rules and policies of the NHS Trust from which the information originates).
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, we are the data controller.
What information do we collect?
So that we can provide our Services, we may ask you to submit certain information or we may collect certain data about you. You are under no obligation to provide any information, but if you choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain Services. You may also choose to provide us with additional information about you to enhance your profile within your network or any other networks you belong to.
The information we may collect and process from you includes:
Information you give us:
- Profile information that you provide, including your name, email address, contact details, date of birth and a password and information about your work including your job title, grade, where you work and your specialism. This includes information provided at the time of registering, subscribing to our Services, posting content or requesting further Services. This information is personal to you, and by creating an account with us you allow others, including us, those in your network and other networks you belong to, to identify you;
- Once you have created an account with us, you may choose to provide additional and/or updated profile information from time to time, such as your, academic background and clinical experience;
- We may also ask you for information at other times, for example when you report a problem with our Services;
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence to enable us to deal with the concern, question or other matter raised;
- Details of your visits to and interaction with our Services and with our communications to you including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and web-logs of access to the resources and Services available, whether this is required for our own purposes or otherwise.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
How is your information used?
We use the information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us: We will use this information to:
- provide you with information and Services that you request from us;
- carry out Services requested by you, for example, to send your invitations to connect with others in your network or other networks to which you belong;
- ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- help us better understand the effectiveness of our Services and communications and how these are used by you;
- notify you about changes to our Services; and
- occasionally send you additional communications about information and Services we feel may be of interest to you. This will only come from us (or our agents) and only if you consent to receive these communications. If at any time you do not wish to continue to receive these communications, please send an email to email@example.com.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- we may from time to time supply third parties such as the owners or operators of websites from which it is possible to link to our websites, with statistical information relating to the users linking to our websites. You cannot be identified from this information.
Information we receive from other sources
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Who is your information shared with?
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of the Services we provide to you;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisations of our site.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we are required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of us, our Services. ;
- If Careflow or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets subject to the continued protection of your privacy rights.
Where is your information stored?
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Do not share your password with anyone.
Once we have received your information, we have security procedures and features in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personally identifiable data within our control. For example, only authorised personnel have access to user information. While we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur, we use our best efforts to prevent this.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive to store and sometimes track information about you. They help us to improve our sites and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- Store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our Services according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches;
- Recognise you when you return to our Services;
- Recognise you when you return to our Services;
- Ensure that you are not being asked to register twice.
Our system will issue cookies automatically when you log on to our websites, but, if you prefer, you can stop that by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. Your help screen or manual will tell you how to do this. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our Services or take full advantage of our Services.
Third party websites
Our services may, from time to time, contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such websites. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You have a legal right to a copy of the personal data about you held by us (subject to a number of exemptions). If you request a copy or your personal information held by us, we may charge you a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
You can manage your own personal settings and your account profile information as mentioned above. You also have a right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes.
Careflow Connect Limited of the Maidstone Studios,
Vinters Business Park,
New Cut Road,